01. Champaign Medical-Marijuana Dispensary Expected to Open in March
At least one of the two medical marijuana dispensaries coming to Champaign-Urbana is projected to open sometime in March. Phoenix Botanicals, to be…
02. The Fight for Medical Marijuana Doesn’t End With Legalization
Medical marijuana has proven a worthy alternative for those suffering, but the challenges getting help at all can be too much for some people. “The one problem that most patients find when they are trying to get their medical marijuana card is judgment,” Sweatt said. “If a doctor doesn’t know much about medical cannabis then they aren’t going to prescribe it.”
03. Illinois Taking Steps to Legalize Recreational Marijuana
CEO of Medicinal Cannabis Outreach Eric Sweatt said he’s against it. Even though Sweatt thinks legalizing recreational marijuana could benefit his business, he worries about the social impact…
04. Medical Cannabis Outreach Clinic Will Host Grand Opening in Loveland, CO
Wood River, IL – Medical Marijuana Certification Clinic Opens In Wood River – Medical Cannabis Outreach.
05. New Medical Cannabis Clinic Set to Open Next Month
SAVOY, IL – Medical Cannabis Outreach owner Eric Sweatt says the clinic will be open one day a week and will have a physician on hand to evaluate patients.
06. Medical-Marijuana Referral Clinic Coming to Savoy in April
SAVOY, IL – Medical Cannabis Outreach plans to open a new clinic in Savoy next month.
07. Top 5 Biggest Problems With Illinois’ Medical Marijuana Program
The Illinois medical marijuana program is about two years into its four-year pilot period, but some patients and advocates say there are still…
08. State Journal Editorial: Let Sick People Have Medical Marijuana
Assembly Speaker Robin Vos mostly got it right in softening his stance on medical marijuana recently. “If you get a prescription to use an opiate…
09. Doctors Putting Medical Cannabis at Risk in Illinois
A new medical cannabis dispensary recently opened in Champaign. However, there is one thing they might be missing: patients. Phoenix Botanical, at…
10. Medical Cannabis Outreach Addresses Patient Access
After many years of bold, yet fruitless attempts to gain access to medical cannabis in Illinois, the state’s four-year pilot program was launched…
11. Mobile Clinics in Illinois Connect Hopeful Marijuana Patients With Doctors
Medical marijuana has been available in Illinois for about 18 months. But many people around the state, particularly in Southern Illinois, say they…
12. Medical-Pot Enrollment, Sales Up, but Less Than Expected
SPRINGFIELD – Illinois’ medical-cannabis pilot program has gained thousands of patients in the past year, and retail sales at dispensaries last month…
13. Clinton Medical Marijuana Office Opens to Assist Patients
Medical Cannabis Outreach in Clinton opened in July and, after a slow start, is steadily growing, said owner and CEO Eric Sweatt.